The South West Nuclear Hub brings together a network of multi-disciplinary academics spanning numerous departments including Physics, Engineering and Earth Sciences. Here are the latest research papers published by this community.
- Azizova, T.V.; Batistatou, Evridiki; Grigorieva, E.S.; McNamee, R.; Wakeford, Richard; Liu, Hanhua; De Vocht, Frank; Agius, R.M. (2018). An Assessment of Radiation-Associated Risks of Mortality from Circulatory Disease in the Cohorts of Mayak and Sellafield Nuclear Workers. In: Radiation Research.
- Connor, D. T., Smith, N. T., Payne, L., Martin, P., Hutton, C.; Payton, O. D.; Yamashiki, Y.; Scott, T. B. (2018). Application of airborne photogrammetry for the visualisation and assessment of contamination migration arising from a Fukushima waste storage facility. In: Environmental Pollution, Vol. 234, p. 610-619.
- Lindborg, T; Thorne, M; Andersson, E; Becker, J; Brandefelt, J; Cabianca, T; Gunia, M; Ikonen, A T K; Johansson, E; Kangasniemi, V; Kautsky, U; Kirchner, G; Klos, R; Kowe, R; Kontula, A; Kupiainen, P; Lahdenperä, A-M; Lord, N S; Lunt, D J; Näslund, J-O; Nordén, M; Norris, S; Pérez-Sánchez, D; Proverbio, A; Riekki, K; Rübel, A; Sweeck, L; Walke, R; Xu, S; Smith, G; Pröhl, G. Climate change and landscape development in post-closure safety assessment of solid radioactive waste disposal : Results of an initiative of the IAEA. In: Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, Vol. 183, 01.03.2018, p. 41-53.
- Wang, Y; Coules, H; Truman, C.; Smith, D. (2018). Effect of elastic follow-up and ageing on the creep of an austenitic stainless steel. In: International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 135, 15.03.2018, p. 219-232.
- Liu, C., Heard,P. J., Greenwell, S. J. & Flewitt,P. E. J. (2018). A study of breakaway oxidation of 9Cr–1Mo steel in a Hot CO2 atmosphere using Raman spectroscopy. In: Materials at High Temperatures, 35:1-3, 50-55.
University of Bristol research into Risk Management was recently featured in a Financial Times article on the 11th March entitled: Fukushima nuclear disaster: did the evacuation raise the death toll? This research was released in November 2017 in Management of Nuclear Risk Issues: Environmental, Financial and Safety (NREFS) and is also being pursued for practical application by the Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety in France, the International Atomic Energy Agency and the UK Health and Safety Executive.