- This event has passed.
Bristol Centres for Doctoral Training (CDT) Open Day
February 20 -3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The University of Bristol CDT open day will provide you with the perfect opportunity to learn more about the recently announced funded PhD programmes and the application process. Throughout the afternoon you will have the chance to:
* Meet with CDT Directors and Managers in your programme of interest
* Learn more about the individual programmes on offer
* Learn more about cohort-based PhD research and training
* Meet current PhD students at Bristol
* Find out about support services available to postgraduate research students at Bristol
* Attend talks about individual programmes
* Attend talks on general topics including application guidance and student life
* Take a campus tour
Nuclear Energy Futures
The CDT in Nuclear Energy Futures trains the next leaders in nuclear energy. The Centre focuses on key challenges for the industry such as reducing costs of both nuclear waste disposal and building new nuclear power stations. It also looks at future power station designs and fusion power.
are celebrating the renewal of the Nuclear Energy Futures Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT), funded by EPSRC.
The centre, led by Imperial College London, involves several members of the South West Nuclear Hub including the University of Bristol, EDF Energy, Cavendish Nuclear and the National Nuclear Laboratory alongside many other collaborators.
Significant success for the University of Bristol
As well as this success in nuclear, the University of Bristol has also been awarded funding as lead institution for nine CDTs – the highest number awarded to any university in the country. This includes:
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Future Innovation in Non-Destructive Evaluation (FIND)
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Composites Science, Engineering and Manufacturing
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Future Autonomous Robotic Systems (FARSCOPE-TU: Towards Ubiquity)
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Trust, Identity, Privacy and Security in Large-scale Infrastructures (TIPS-at-Scale)
You can see the full list of the announced CDTs on the EPSRC website.