- This event has passed.
IMechE: Robotics for Hazardous Environments
November 20, 2018 -8:30 am - 5:20 pm£144 – £420
Robotic use in hazardous environments can help reduce risk to human operators and engineering equipment. The Robotics for Hazardous Environments seminar will explore the cutting-edge of robotic developments for harsh and hazardous working environments, and how engineering challenges can be addressed.
Gain insight into designing for locomotion, innovations in grasping, sensing and manipulating objects, and the role of AI and autonomy in a robotic future. Learn make the most of developments in robotics for hazardous environments, including space, nuclear, offshore, construction, aviation, oil and gas industries.
Meet and discuss the growth of the UK robotics industry and the impact on end users, operators, maintenance engineers, robotics specialists, designers and manufacturers. Join our dedicated exhibition space shared with robotics experts from our co-located Robotics and Automation in Manufacturing seminar.
Key speakers include:
- Lucy Martin, Head of Robotics, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Abbie Hutty, Platform Delivery Manager, Airbus Defence and Space
- Rustam Stolkin, Director, National Centre for Nuclear Robotics
- James Kell, Technologist - In-Situ Repair, Rolls-Royce
- Darren Potter, Capability Leader, Plant Intervention and Modelling – Nuclear Operations, National Nuclear Laboratory
For all further information and booking see http://events.imeche.org/ViewEvent?code=CMP6751