Nuclear South West Conference 2019
October 2 - October 3Free – £120
Nuclear South West Showcase 2019
This event is a unique chance to connect with existing opportunities in the UK nuclear sector, showcase your capabilities to potential customers and learn about the future direction of nuclear in the UK
There continues to be huge opportunities for UK and international companies that want to be part of the UK nuclear supply chain, many of which are located in the South West of England. This includes the UK’s first new build in a generation, Hinkley Point C, which is entering the MEH phase; 4 sites being decommissioned; submarine decommissioning, as well as the development of new technologies for small modular reactors.
With a theme of ‘Bringing Innovation to Nuclear’, this two-day showcase and conference highlights current and future opportunities in New Build, Decommissioning, Defence and new technologies, including SMRs.
Other highlights include the opportunity to network with senior industry representatives and engage in 1-2-1 meetings with companies across the different supply chains.
Registration is now open with various options for attendance at the constituent parts of the event. See the Eventbrite page for full details.Event page
Wednesday 2nd October – NSW Showcase
Please note: This will be hosted at the National College for Nuclear in Bridgwater.
- Visit the UK’s only new build site at Hinkley Point C. Limited to a maximum of 100 people so please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Technology demonstrations including Flow Loop, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Control Room.
- Demonstrations by the South West Nuclear Hub, including robotics.
- Company Demonstrations.
NSW Pre-conference dinner
Hosted at the nearby Marco Pierre White restaurant at the Mercure Bridgwater, allows the chance to network with like-minded attendees and engage with some of the conference speakers, in an informal and friendly atmosphere.
Thursday 3rd October - 'Bringing Innovation to Nuclear'Conference
Please note: This will be hosted at the McMillan Theatre in Bridgwater.
We have an exciting agenda with inspiring industry speakers and plenty of opportunities to network. Our current speakers include:
- Tom Greatrex, CEO, Nuclear Industry Association
- Alan Cumming, Nuclear Operations Director, NDA
- Andy Storer, CEO, NAMRC and Nuclear Sector Deal
- Beccy Pleasant, Head of Nuclear Skills Strategy Group
- Richard Deakin, Head of Advanced Nuclear Technologies, BEIS
- Professor Tom Scott, Director, South West Nuclear Hub
- Nick Golding, Head of HPC Supply Chain Programme
And more speakers will be announced over the coming weeks!