Members of the South West Nuclear Hub network have contributed to the first Nuclear Innovation and Research Advisory Board (Nirab) annual report since the Board re-convened in 2018.
The Nirab Board's membership includes industrial and academic partners of the South West Nuclear Hub with representatives from EDF Energy, the University of Oxford, the University of Bristol , the National Nuclear Laboratory and the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (Nuclear AMRC). These organisations are represented by:
- EDF Energy: Maggie Brown, Dr Manus O'Donnell
- University of Oxford: Professor James Marrow
- University of Bristol: Professor Tom Scott
- Nuclear AMRC: Professor Andrew Storer
- National Nuclear Laboratory: Professor Andrew Sherry
Clean Growth Through Innovation - the need for urgent action
The report provides an initial set of findings and recommendations to the Government's Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) department, focusing on:
- Monitoring the delivery and impact of the BEIS Nuclear Innovation Programme and recommend any amendments that may be necessary in the light of outputs from the programme and developments in the nuclear landscape.
- Advising where innovation could drive down costs across the whole nuclear life-cycle
- Identifying opportunities for greater collaboration with industry and international partners.
You can read the full report here:[button link="http://nirab.org.uk/media/16064/nirab-213-3-annual-report-2018-19-web-version.pdf" bg_color="#806ab7" border="#806ab7"]Full Nirab Report[/button]