October 23rd-29th is the 10th International Open Access Week with the theme " Open in Order to...". More information is available here.
The South West Nuclear Hub brings together a multi-disciplinary network of researchers and has published a number of papers open access. Here is a selection of topics and links to the papers.
Analysis of the Fukushima Daiichi Disaster
A team from the Interface Analysis Centre in the School of Physics conducted fieldwork in Japan to collect material samples following the nuclear accident in 2011.
- Martin et al. (2016) - In-situ removal and characterisation of uranium-containing particles from sediments surrounding the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant
- Connor et al. (2016) - Airborne radiation mapping: overview and application of current and future aerial systems
- Martin et al. (2017) - Analysis of External Surface Irregularities on Fukushima-Derived Fallout Particles
Public Engagement for the Nuclear Industry
The Hub exhibited at the Waste Management Symposia in Phoenix, Arizona in March 2017, and published a paper in the WMS Journal on public engagement.
Solid Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering
- Barhli et al. (2017) - Synchrotron X-ray characterization of crack strain fields in polygranular graphite
- Coules (2017) - Interaction of surface cracks subjected to non-uniform distributions of stress
- Liu et al. (2017) - On the damage and fracture of nuclear graphite at multiple length-scales
You can search all of the University of Bristol's nuclear research here.