The Nuclear Institute Western Branch evening seminar programme returns in September. The guest speakers are Chris Quick, Lead Project Correspondent (Design) at General Nuclear System, on behalf of EDF, and Miss Liu Man of General Nuclear System, on behalf of China General Nuclear.
- Time: 6.30pm (refreshments from 6pm)
- Location: Pugsley Lecture Theatre, Queen's School of Engineering, University of Bristol
The UK HPR1000 technology that is currently undergoing UK Regulatory assessment under the GDA framework. The presentation will cover:
• The history and evolution of the HPR1000 technology, including some key features of the design
• The progress through the GDA process so far, including key areas of risk when imposing UK expectations
• Some personal reflections on the challenges associated with bringing non-UK designs into the UK context, including prescriptive vs. target setting regulation and demonstration of ALARP & BAT
Sign-up via the Eventbrite page hpr1000.eventbrite.co.uk
The following link gives information and maps on how to get to the University of Bristol: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/maps/directions/
You may also be interested in the Nuclear South West/South West Nuclear Hub Annual Conference on 18th/19th September. There will be a pre-conference dinner directly after this lecture at the Mercure Grand Hotel, Bristol with the conference on the following day.
More information can be found here: nuclearconference2018.eventbrite.co.uk