The SW Nuclear Hub is coordinating participation of Bristol researchers at these three schools in Somerset that aims to inspire schoolchildren aged 13-18 (and girls in particular) to get into Physics through the story of Lise Meitner and the subject of nuclear fission.
- Friday 1st March at Kingsmead, Somerset
- Friday 8th March at Broadoak Maths and Computing college, Somerset
- Tuesday 12th March at Huish Episcopi, Somerset
These events will take the form of day‐long participatory programmes designed to fit into the five lessons of a school day:
- Workshops and experiments in the morning
- The Lise Meitner Story play in the afternoon
- Concluding with a plenary session
How can you help?
We would like volunteers to come along and represent the university in (at least) the plenary session, or if you can spare more time help with the workshops as well.
The Hub will arrange all logistics and transport.
If you are interested please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org indicating which dates you could volunteer for.
More info here :http://www.linkstoalife.com/meitner-day