I’m a Scientist Nuclear Zone
November 29 - December 17Free
Call for participation - looking for nuclear role models!
- do you want to inspire a new generation of the nuclear industry?
- do you want to inspire young people interested in STEM?
- do you want to promote the nuclear industry as a green source of low carbon electricity?
- are you a nuclear role model for schoolchildren to look up to?
- would you recommend a career in the nuclear industry to school children?
Then become a nuclear role model to engage directly with pupils from your desk on the I’m A Scientist online platform
Dates: 29 November to 17 December 2021
The coronavirus pandemic has disrupted the education of hundreds of thousands of school children across the world, leading to uncertainty about their futures.
STEM ambassadors have been unable to engage well with schools during the pandemic, but now an opportunity has arisen to engage with school children about the nuclear industry online, and the University of Bristol is funding a three week “Nuclear Zone” on the" I'm a Scientist” platform.
The platform is free to schools and free for role models, you just need your line manager agreement. Each session lasts 30-40 minutes, and there is no need to prepare anything beforehand! The level of commitment will be around 2-3 hours each week for just 3 weeks.