- This event has passed.
Introduction to NNUF Hot Robotics: AI and Robotics Facilities for Nuclear Environments
July 1 -11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Nuclear Industry Association webinar
The National Nuclear User Facility for Hot Robotics (NNUF-HR) is an EPSRC-funded facility to support UK academia and industry to deliver ground-breaking, impactful research in robotics and artificial intelligence for application in extreme and challenging nuclear environments.
Through Hot Robotics, industry and researchers can hire robotics equipment to research and develop technological solutions to decommissioning, radiation mapping and monitoring structural integrity.
This presentation will be delivered by the Hot Robotics consortium: University of Bristol, University of Manchester, UKAEA and the National Nuclear Laboratory and it will cover:
- What equipment and capabilities are available
- How to access equipment
- How to apply for the Funded User Access Scheme
- Professor Tom Scott, University of Bristol
- Professor Barry Lennox, University of Manchester
- Michael Hellebrand, UK Atomic Energy Authority
- Dr Darren Potter, National Nuclear Laboratory
This event will take place on Zoom and you can register through the NIA website.