Join the launch of the Radioactive Waste Management Research Support Office (RWM RSO) in September. The RWM RSO is a newly formed body that brings together UK university capabilities in geological disposal science and technology.
The RWM RSO will:
- Deliver world-leading research from the UK’s academic research community that will underpin the safety case for a geological disposal facility;
- Support UK universities to access geodisposal research funding that will underpin our geological disposal programme;
- Develop the next generation of geodisposal research expertise to support the national programme.
The 3-day programme includes:
- Introduction to the RWM geodisposal research strategy and RSO activities
- Introduction to the RSO funding portfolio and calls starting October 2020
- Announcement of 2021 PhD project funding call
- Case study presentations of RWM funded research
- Plenary talk from Dr Allan Hedin, Manager of Safety Assessments at SKB, Sweden
- Research proposal development workshop: Gas Generation, Migration and Reactivity in radioactive waste disposal
The research development workshop will be a sandpit event for researchers to help develop the funding call for this topic area.
The full programme is available here: https://www.research-support-office-gdf.ac.uk/connect/events/
The registration deadline is Friday 11th September. Tickets are free and available on Eventbrite.Register