Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre are hosting the inaugural meeting of the South West Electron Microscopy (SW-EM) group at the University of Plymouth on 18-19 March 2019.
This two-day meeting will bring together electron microscopy professionals across a wide range of academic subjects, institutions, research groups and facilities, incorporating facility managers, technicians, academics and researchers alike. We already have attendance confirmed from across South West institutions, including the University of Bristol, University of Bath, University of Exeter (including Camborne School of Mines), Cardiff University, Swansea University as well as the University of Plymouth.
SW-EM 2019 will allow each facility or research group to introduce themselves, their equipment, and research, before leading discussion sessions surrounding areas of interest to the wider SW-EM community including funding applications, service contracts and training opportunities. We will have a representative from UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) present to introduce current and future funding opportunities that may be of interest to SW-EM members, including instrumentation and/or facility grants.
In addition, SW-EM 2019 will host multiple networking opportunities, a commercial exhibition, a research poster session aimed at early-career researchers (ECRs), and an evening reception as part of the event.
This event is free to attend for academic delegates, but registration is essential. Please email email@example.com to register your interest.
More information: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/whats-on/south-west-electron-microscopy-2019
- 11.45-12.00 - Arrival and registration
- 12.00-13.00 - Lunch and networking (including exhibition)
- 13.00-15.00 - Session 1: Group introductions
- 15.00-15.30 - Break and exhibition
- 15.30-17.00 - Session 2: Group introductions
- 17.00-18.00 - Poster session and exhibition
- 19.00-21.00 - Evening reception (off campus)
- 08.30-09.00 - Arrival and registration
- 09.00-11.00 - Session 3: Service contracts and training
- 11.00-11.30 - Break and exhibition
- 11.30-13.00 - Session 4: Funding opportunities (UKRI)
- 13.00-13.15 - Closing remarks
- 13.15-14.00 - Lunch and exhibition