The South West Nuclear Hub hosted another Nuclear Institute Western Branch evening seminar at the University of Bristol on Tuesday 10th April. The talk was given by Rob Hooper, Principal Consultant for Altran UK. Altran acts as an intermediary for the Office for Nuclear Regulation to support companies proposing a reactor design, therefore Rob was able to give a […]
Tag Archives | Generic Design Assessment
Nuclear Institute Western Branch Seminar
- 10th April 2018, 18:30 for 19:00 start
- Frank Lecture Theatre, HH Wills Physics Building, University of Bristol
- Presented by Rob Hooper, Principal Consultant, Altran UK
- Register on Eventbrite https://niwb-gda.eventbrite.co.uk
Generic Design Assessment (GDA) might seem like a mysterious process to most of us, but Rob has been through it three times. The GDA process was developed by the Office for Nuclear Regulation,and the Environment Agency) for new UK nuclear power stations.
- What is GDA?
- What are ONR’s expectations and how they judge the suitability of the design?
- The role of Standards, guidance and relevant UK good practice
- Effective use of argumentation in the Safety Case
- How to maximise chances of success
The following link gives information and maps on how to get to the University of Bristol: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/maps/directions/